Last Updated: July 10, 2023
This Privacy Notice discloses how we collect, use, share, or otherwise disclose information that we collect about you through our website (“Site”) and our services (“Services). As for who “we” are, we are Clipper Magazine, LLC (aka Local Flavor, Mint Magazine, Reach Magazine, Great Deals Magazine, Market Magazine, Get1Free, Prestigious Living, Home & Décor Ideas, House 2 Home Showcase, Local Flavor Dining Guide, Local Flavor Savings Extra and Total Loyalty Solutions) (“Clipper”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We take your privacy seriously.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By visiting and using the Site or our Services, you agree that your use of our Site and Services, and any dispute over our privacy practices, is governed by this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service. Because the Internet is an evolving medium, we may need to change our Privacy Notice from time to time, in which case we’ll post the revised Privacy Notice on this Site and update the “Last Updated” date to reflect the date of the changes. By continuing to use the Site or Services after we post any such changes, you accept the Privacy Notice as modified.
How We Collect Information
Information that You Provide to Us
We may collect and store information, including personally identifiable information (such as your name, postal address, telephone number, or email address) or other information that you voluntarily supply to us while on our Site or using our Services. Some examples of this type of information include information that you electronically submit when you contact us with questions, information that you post on discussion forums or other community posting and social networking areas on our Site, and information that you electronically submit when you complete an online registration form to access and use certain features of our Site. We also may ask for information (including a credit card number and other financial information) from those users who make purchases or have payment transactions on our Site or related to our Services. If you decline to supply or provide us with certain information while using the Site, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered through the Site.
Information We Collect Automatically as You Use Our Site or Services
We also collect and store non-personally identifiable information that is generated automatically as you navigate through the Site or use our Services. For example, we may collect commercial information such as your order history.
By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. This Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages. For Site visitors that are not logged into their account, we do not employ tracking cookies or otherwise store device or location information. With respect to those who are logged into their accounts, however, we do store some device and location information, but it is redacted and decoupled from your user records once you request your information be deleted as applicable. See California Privacy Rights Notice, below.
We use Google Analytics to optimize our Site based on the traffic we receive, assist with marketing, and enhance the Services we provide to you. To learn more about Google Analytics, including options for opting out and/or managing the ads you may see online please visit: google.com/policies/privacy/partners. Additional information regarding online advertising is available at: https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options. To learn more about targeted advertising and the choices available to you, visit Webchoices: Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool for Web US and NAI Consumer Opt Out.
We may also collect information about you and your friends who visit our Site from any social network you may have connected to our Site from to provide you a more personalized experience.
The information we collect may be collected directly by us, or it may be collected by a third-party website hosting provider, or another third-party service provider, on our behalf.
If you want to limit the non-personally identifiable information that is automatically collected while you use our Site, most Web browsers allow you to disable cookies. To disable cookies using Internet Explorer, select “Internet Options” under the Tools menu and click on “Privacy.” Select “High” or “Block All Cookies.” To disable cookies using Mozilla Firefox, select “Options” under the “Tools” menu. If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered through the Site.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including, for example, to process your registration request, provide you with services and communications that you have requested, send you email updates and other communications, customize features and advertising that appear on the Site, deliver our Site content or Services to you, measure Site traffic, measure user interests and traffic patterns, recognize you as a customer, measure promotional effectiveness, help ensure that your account security is not compromised, mitigate risk and prevent fraud, promote trust and safety across our Site, make our services more useful to you, tailor the experience with us, ensure our Services meet your interests and needs, facilitate communication between us and you, enforce our agreements with you, provide you information we think may interest you such as company news and information about certain products and promotions, deliver marketing materials to you, display third-party advertisements that may interest you, respond to government-issued or other legal requests, and improve the Site and the Services.
In addition, we may use any information submitted by or collected from you via the Site for any purpose related to the Site, including to contact you for customer service purposes, to inform you of important changes, administration information, or additions to our Site or Services, and to send you administrative notices and any other communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
How We Share Information
We share your personal information with our third-party service providers in the course of our normal business operations and to provide our Services to you. In some circumstances we may “sell” your personal information as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act or the California Privacy Rights Act.
We also may make some content, products, and services available through our Site through cooperative relationships with third-party providers, where the brands of our provider partners appear on the Site in connection with such content, products and/or services. We may share with our provider partners any information you provide, or that is collected in the course of visiting any pages or purchasing any coupons, products, or services that are made available in cooperation with our provider partner.
We may also share aggregated information, which is information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you to third parties.
If you do not wish your personally identifiable information to be used or shared for these purposes, registered members of our Site can log into the Site, view the Personal Information page, and select the option to delete. We do not retain personal information other than for registered users.
Links and Third-Party Relationships
Our Site may include links to other websites and may provide access to products and services offered by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of such other websites. When you access another website or purchase products or services from a third party, use of any information you provide is governed by the privacy notice of the operator of the site you are visiting or the provider of such products or services. Please read the privacy statements of each website you visit as this Privacy Notice only applies to information collected by us through this Site or our Services. Any links to other websites are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such websites or their contents.
Eligibility to Use Site and Notice to Residents in Countries Outside the United States
Our Site and our Services are intended for use by residents of the United States only. We do not provide any products or services to non-U.S. residents. If you live outside of the United States, you are not permitted to use our Site. Do not register or submit your email or any information to us.
Information You Post to Discussion Forums and Other Community Posting or Social Networking Areas of the Site
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information or other private information available for viewing by third parties online—for example, posting a comment or review on discussion forums or any community posting or social networking area of our Site—that information can be seen, collected, and used by others besides us. We are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
California Privacy Rights Notice
Shine the Light
Pursuant to Section 1798.83-.84 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To access this information, please submit a request by visiting support.localflavor.com with “CA Shine the Light Request” in the Subject field. Please note that, under the law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not submitted to support.localflavor.com.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
Your Right to Know About the Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). The Sections above titled “How We Collect Information,” “How We Use Information,” and “How We Share Information” set forth the categories of personal information that we collect and process about you, a description of each category, and the source of how we obtain each category. Specifically, the information we may collect includes identifiers, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, user name, and/or email address; personal protected information categories including your name, address, telephone number, and/or credit card information; commercial information, such as order history; and Internet activity in the form of your interaction with our Site.
Your Rights and Choices
Under California Laws, California residents can exercise three privacy rights (Disclosure and Access; Deletion; and “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”) (collectively, “Rights”). These Rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions, including certain applicant/employment data/relationships and business-to-business (B2B) data/relationships. Further, and by way of example as to the limitations of some of the Rights, we cannot disclose or permit access to specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure or access would present a certain level of risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us, or the security of our systems or networks.
A record concerning the requests may be maintained pursuant to our legal obligations. Further, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if such request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
Disclosure and Access Requests
|Category of PI||Specific Information||Source||Business Purpose||Third Party to which Disclosed|
|Identifiers||Name, postal address, telephone number, user name, and/or email address||Directly from you as a registered user||To provide you with our Services and/or to improve our Site||Credit card processing and/or fulfillment company|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Name, address, telephone number, and/or credit card information||Directly from you as a registered user||To provide you with our Services; for billing and/or refunding purposes||Credit card processing and/or fulfillment company|
|Commercial Information||Order history||Directly from you as a registered user||To provide you with or improve our Services||Not disclosed|
|Internet Activity||Your interactions with our Site, including browser information||Indirectly from you, through your use of our Site||To provide you with our Services and/or to improve our Site||Customer relationship management platform|
|Geolocation Data||Your location (latitude/longitude)||Indirectly from you, as a registered user||To provide you with or improve our Services||Not disclosed|
Specific Pieces of Information Request
In order to view and/or access the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request), registered members of our Site can log into the Site and view the Personal Information page. We do not retain specific pieces of personal information other than for registered users.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. In order to request deletion of the personal information we collected about you, registered members of our Site can log into the Site, view the Personal Information page, and select the option to delete. We do not retain personal information other than for registered users.
Once we receive your request made through your account, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. A deletion request may be denied, in full or in part, if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind at any time. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request. To submit an opt-out request, contact us by visiting support.localflavor.com.
If you need further assistance exercising the Disclosure and Deletion rights described above, please contact us by visiting support.localflavor.com.
Request Made Through Agents
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, verify the agent’s identity, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. (The verification requirement does not apply if the consumer has provided the authorized agent with legal power of attorney under California Probate Code Sections 400 to 4465.) Authorized agents can contact us through the email address or phone number directly above.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This Children’s Privacy Statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of 18, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 as part of the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 18 as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 via the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 18 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 via the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under 18 in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
How To Make Changes to Your Information
If you are a registered member of our Site, you can make changes to your account information by logging in to the Site and using the account tools available via the Site. If you have any questions about modifying your account or preference information, please visit the “Customer Service” pages of our Site. To view or remove your Personal Information on this website, please view the Personal Information page.
Storage of Information
All information we gather on our Site is stored within a database to which only we and our hosting services provider are provided access. However, as effective as the reasonable security measures implemented by us may be, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our Site’s servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Questions Regarding Privacy
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or your dealings with us, you can visit support.localflavor.com.
Last Updated: January 23, 2015
This Site may include a variety of features, such as discussion forums, blogs, photo and video sharing pages, personalized home pages, email services and social networking features, which allow users to interact with each other and third parties on the Site and to post content and materials for display on the Site.
Responsibility for what is posted on the Site or sent via any e-mail services that are made available via the Site, lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the material you post or send. We do not control the messages, information or files that you or others may transmit, post or otherwise provide on or through the Site.
We invite you to submit your original videos, photos and comments. In order to keep these interactive forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below.
As we are alerted to them, we reserve the right at all times, but do not assume the obligation, to remove comments including, but not limited, to the following types of specific information or language:
- Potentially libelous statements. In general terms, that means a comment that states or implies a false fact that harms a person's reputation (as opposed to expressing an opinion);
- Sexually explicit or crude sexual comments;
- Threatening statements or statements that suggests violent acts;
- Crude comments about a child;
- Swearing or obscenity;
- Derogatory phrases to define a group of people;
- Nasty name-calling. If the number of unacceptable comments on a story gets out of control, we may turn off commenting on that item.
As long as they don't include the kind of comments described above:
- We will allow opinions that some may find offensive about tough social issues around race and sexual orientation.
- We will allow criticism of public figures.
- We will allow criticism of people who are subjects of stories.
- We will allow conversation that is simply strident in tone.
In addition, by accessing and using any feature on this Site, you represent and agree that you:
- Will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site;
- Will not use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Will not interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site;
- Will not use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- Will not gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means;
- Will not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site;
- Consistent with the Site’s commenting policies you will not use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Will not use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising;
- Will not use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval;
- Will not gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site;
- Will not contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- Will not use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder;
- Will not use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Will not repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Take or cause to be taken any action that disrupts the normal flow of postings and dialogue on our Site (such as submitting an excessive number of messages – i.e. a flooding attack), or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Site and/or services;
- Will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data-mining tools, or the like to download data from our Site. Exception is made for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our Terms of Service. We reserve the right to deny access to the Site or any features of the Site to anyone who violates these Community Rules or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website or infringes upon the rights of others.
All users of this Site are reminded that as set forth in the “Responsibility for User-Provided Content” section of these Terms of Service we may preserve content and materials submitted by you, and may also disclose such content and materials if required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content or materials submitted by you violate the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Site, us, our affiliates, our officers, directors, employees, representatives, our licensors, other users, and/or the public.